Venison Lentil SoupFrom rivet 7 years ago
- 2 LBS venison, ground or chunked shopping list
- 1 Very Large onion, Diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or chopped shopping list
- 1/2 TSP salt shopping list
- 1/2 TSP black pepper shopping list
- 1 Cup dry lentils shopping list
- 1 Medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- juice of 2 limes (about 1/3 cup) shopping list
- 1 TBSP worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 Can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 3 beef Boullion Cubes shopping list
- red wine (preferably merlot) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Brown venison in a hot stockpot in olive oil over high heat
- When done, remove and deglaze pan in about a cup of red wine
- In same pot add a bit more olive oil, reheat and sautee onions, garlic, salt and pepper until caramelized.
- Deglaze with more red wine and pour all onto venison which was set aside.
- Heat a touch more olive oil in same stockpot and toast lentils quickly.
- Add apples.
- The bottom of pan will turn brown, and just before it burns, remove from heat and deglaze with lime juice.
- Add mixture to venison.
- In same pot, place crushed tomatoes, boullion cubes and Worcestershire sauce. Pour Venison mix onto it and stir gently.
- Cover with enough water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer
- Cover stockpot and simmer about 1 hour.
The Cookrivet SW, MO
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!