Hearty Meatball Spinach SoupFrom goddoesmiracles 5 years ago
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- , divided 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- , minced, divided shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, divided shopping list
- 20 PREMIUM saltine crackers, finely crushed shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) reduced sodium beef broth shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained shopping list
How to make it
- COMBINE meat, 1/4 cup of the onion, 1/3 of the garlic and 1/2 tsp. of the oregano in large bowl. Add cracker crumbs and egg; mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls; set aside.
- COOK and stir remaining 3/4 cup onion and remaining garlic in hot oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan on medium-high heat 3 to 5 min. or until onion is tender. Add broth, tomatoes with their liquid, spinach and the remaining oregano; bring to boil. Add meatballs. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 20 to 25 min. or until meatballs are cooked through.
- SERVE with additional PREMIUM Saltine Crackers.
The Cookgoddoesmiracles Union, KY
The Rating4 people
This is a winner, yummmmmmmmmmm got my 5
hugssssssshirleyoma in Cove loved it
I make my meatballs with saltine crackers too.
Great hearty healthy recipe.
Michaeltrigger in loved it