Asian Filet Mignon Tartar With Quail EggsFrom merlin 7 years ago
- 2 T. tempura sauce or dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 T. sugar shopping list
- ½ t. crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 scallion, thinly slices shopping list
- 1-2 t. sesame oil, or sesame chili oil if you prefer shopping list
- 12 oz. filet mignon shopping list
- 8 leaves, romaine lettuce shopping list
- 1 Asian pear, julienned shopping list
- 2 T. raw pine nuts, or sesame seeds shopping list
- 4 raw quail eggs shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Marinade. Toss 2 T. Tempura sauce or dark soy sauce with 1 T. sugar, ½ t. crushed garlic, 1 thinly sliced scallion and 1-2 t. sesame oil to taste. (You may use sesame chili oil for added zip, but don’t use too much)
- Blend the ingredients and allow them to sit 20 minutes.
- 2) Beef. Prepare 12 oz filet mignon by rinsing, drying, trimming of any visible fat and lightly freezing (not freezing through) and cutting into 2” strips.
- Marinate for 10 minutes refrigerated. Then drain the beef
- 3) Salad. Line a plate with 8 leaves of romaine, pointing the ribs toward the center. Toss the beef with 1 Asian pear, julienned into strips. Mound the beef mixture in the middle of the plate. Make 4 small wells in the center. In each, put a raw quail’s egg. Sprinkle with 2 T. raw pine nuts or sesame seeds.
- 4) Eating. Eat the beef mixture with pine nuts or sesame seeds with a twist of black pepper wrapped in the lettuce leaf.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- merlin San Francisco, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!