Chocolate Whiskey Bundt CakeFrom gatorgirl 5 years ago
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process) plus 3 tablespoons for dusting pan shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups brewed coffee shopping list
- 1/2 cup American whiskey (I used Makers Mark) shopping list
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Special equipment: a 10-inch bundt pan (3 1/4 inches deep; 3-qt capacity) shopping list
- Accompaniment: lightly sweetened whipped cream shopping list
- Garnish: confectioners sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325°F. Butter bundt pan well, then dust with 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, knocking out excess.
- Heat coffee, whiskey, butter, and remaining cup cocoa powder in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, whisking, until butter is melted. Remove from heat, then add sugar and whisk until dissolved, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool 5 minutes.
- While chocolate mixture cools, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together eggs and vanilla in a small bowl, then whisk into cooled chocolate mixture until combined well. Add flour mixture and whisk until just combined (batter will be thin and bubbly). Pour batter into bundt pan and bake until a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool cake completely in pan on a rack, about 2 hours. Loosen cake from pan using tip of a dinner knife, then invert rack over pan and turn cake out onto rack.
The Cookgatorgirl Baltimore, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!