My Mother in Laws Chicken and Meatball SoupFrom misahungry 7 years ago
- 3-4 chicken breasts (on or off bone) shopping list
- 4 quarts of chicken stock (or water with 4 chicken bullions) shopping list
- 1 package of fresh or frozen spinach shopping list
- 1 package of your favorite short noodle (bow-ties, shells, etc.) shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the chicken in the stock/water and let simmer four about 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the ground beef, egg, 1/4 cup grated cheese, and breadcrumbs to form meatball mixture. Make mini-meatballs.
- Remove the chicken from pot when cooked and shred (off the bone). Skim the top of the soup for any "foam".
- Drop mini-meatballs and shredded chicken back into the pot. Let simmer for about 45 more minutes.
- Add spinach in the last 15 minutes before serving.
- Cook noodles separately and add them to each serving soup bowl.
- Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese.