Eid Dessert---Sheer KhurmaFrom ambus 6 years ago
- 100 grams dry vermicelli,broken in small pieces shopping list
- 1 tbsp ghee/oil shopping list
- 3 litre milk shopping list
- 250 gm. sugar shopping list
- 10-12 tbsp rice flour/ground rice shopping list
- 4-5 green cardamoms(grind the seeds) shopping list
- 1 cup milk powder shopping list
- 100 gm. dried dates, soaked overnight, pitted and chopped thin shopping list
- 50 gm. almonds, blanched and slivered shopping list
- 50 gm. white raisins shopping list
- 50 gm. pistachios shopping list
- 50 gm. whole coconut,thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp kewra shopping list
How to make it
- Heat ghee in a large pot over a low flame.
- Fry the vermicelli in the ghee, stirring so it turns golden brown(Watch it carefully so it does not burn).
- Remove vermicelli from the pan and set aside.
- Pour in the milk in the same pan.
- Bring to a boil,then add sugar,ground cardamoms,ground rice(dissolved in little milk).
- Cook on medium flame,stirring occasionaly until the milk starts to get little thick.
- Add the sliced dates,almonds,raisins,pistachios,coconut and the roasted vermicelli.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the vermicelli starts to get flexible.
- Turn off the heat.Add kewra and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl,garnish with extra nuts.
- Serve hot.
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating5 people
sounds just wonderful!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Ambus this sounds wonderful... thank you ..and a five for youpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
wow.... delicious dessert...thx ambus for sharing....angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Ghee Happy13 members
Indian Flavors And Recipes263 members
Anything Goes286 members
From Middle Eastern Lands254 members
Family Favorites140 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
Checkin Central283 members
No Bake Desserts24 members
Delicious Foods39 members