Lace Almond cookies SupremeFrom shirleyoma 6 years ago
- 8 1/2 tablespoons (4 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons (4 1/2 ounces) sugar shopping list
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon (4 1/2 ounces)all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (4 1/2 ounces) sliced blanched almonds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In the bowl of an electric mixer on low speed, cream together butter and sugar until creamy, light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the flour and corn syrup. Mix until well blended. Then add almonds and mix just until they are integrated into dough.
- 2. Place dough (in bowl) in refrigerator and chill for 20 to 30 minutes. Divide chilled dough into 3 equal pieces and roll each one into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Freeze logs for at least 10 minutes and for up to a month.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove 1 log at a time from the freezer and slice penny-thin, using a sharp knife. (If logs are frozen solid, you may need to let them rest a few minutes at room temperature before slicing.) Place cookies 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or Silpat baking mats - cookies will spread as they bake. Bake until golden brown and lacy, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 4. Place pan on wire rack to cool. While they are warm, the cookies are thin and pliable enough to be gently molded into cylinders or cups by draping them over a wooden spoon handle or small bowl. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating2 people
Boy, Shirleyoma, you sure are getting fancy! This is a beautiful presentation and a very nice recipe! Flagged you for beauty, and definitely a 5!juels in Clayton loved it