Perfect Holiday Breakfast CasseroleFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 12 slices bacon shopping list
- 3 cups croutons (preferably home made) shopping list
- 2 cups grated Cheddar or swiss cheese shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups half & half shopping list
- 1 thinly sliced white onion shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon until crispy in a skillet as directed.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Sauté onion until golden in olive oil, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rub olive oil in the bottom of a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Place croutons in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisking to break up the yolks.
- Add half & half, sautéed onions, peppers, mustard, salt, and pepper, and beat until well combined.
- Pour over the croutons and cheese, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with chives.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Wow! Wish I had some bacon in my fridge, because I want to make this right now!misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
love this breakfast high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds like just the thing. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it