Mapa Tofu For 100 PeopleFrom littlesponger 7 years ago
- tofu (firm) - 20 packages shopping list
- Grounded beef - 15 pounds shopping list
- onion - 2 cost co bags. Cut them in small squares. shopping list
- Shitake mushroom - 3 bags; dried sliced big package. Soak in water night before to get softened and rid of strong smell. shopping list
- carrots - 1 bag from Costco. Cut them in small squares shopping list
- green peas - 2 bags (40 oz bags) shopping list
- green onion - 5 bunches shopping list
- oyster sauce - 8 bottles (get the brand with a mother shopping list
- and a boy in a boat picture) shopping list
- chicken broth - 4 large cans shopping list
- 1 cup of ginger, minced shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup of garlic, minced shopping list
- salt, sugar, Chinese chili paste, Cornstartch shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate beef over night. Marinate with 1 cup minced ginger squeeze out minced ginger and use the juice), 1 cup minced garlic, 1 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup salt, some black pepper.
- Cook the meat. Make sure to stir well that you don't have too much big chunks.
- Stir fry carrots, onions, and mushrooms separately with very light salt..
- Cut tofu into big pieces so that it won't break. First boil water and put tofu in boiling water. Put in some salt in the water. Keep the tofu in the water until you are ready to mix. You need to strain before adding into sauce.
- To make sauce: in 1/4 cup oil, add 1/4 cup minced garlic to get the garlic flavor, add 8 bottle oyster sauce. Add 4 big cans of chicken broth. Add about 2 cups of sugar (put 1/4 cup at a time and taste for
- sweetness). Mix about 1 cup of cornstarch with cold water or chicken broth and add into sauce to thicken (watch out for thickness). Bring to boil as starch must be cooked otherwise, it will smell and get watery.
- Mix: Divide beef, carrots, onions, and mushrooms into 4 big pots and 1 medium pot (joyland), and add in sauce and cook (mix and make sure it does not have too much sauce or it will be salty). Add chili paste (several spoonful depending on spicy level) to each
- pot (add very little for joyland pot). Add Tofu, and peas (soak green peas in water to defrost before putting it into pots) last and mix.
- Sprinkle chopped green onions as you serve.