Pumpkin Bread PuddingFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- butter shopping list
- 11/4c milk shopping list
- 4 or 5 lg. croissants or 10oz. egg bread,torn(about 6 cups) shopping list
- 11/4c roasted,shelled chestnuts,crumbled or 8 to 10 oz. can chestnuts,drained and crumbled shopping list
- 3 lg eggs shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1c sugar shopping list
- 1c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin shopping list
- 11/4c dried currents or golden raisins shopping list
- 3Tbs butter,melted shopping list
- 1/tsp. ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/2tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 2tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 recipe mollasses cream shopping list
- molasses Cream: shopping list
- 1c whipping cream shopping list
- 1Tbs molasses or honey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. butter a 21/2 to 3 qt casserole;set aside. In a large bowl,combine whipping cream and milk. Add torn croissants and chestnuts. Gently press until everything is covered by milk. Let stand while preparing custard.
- For custard,combine eggs,egg yoli,sugars,pumpkin,currents,melted butter,spices and vanilla in the top of a lg. double boiler(or in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of shimmering water,making sure bowl does not touch water). Place double boiler over med. heat,stir constantly until mixture is warm and sugars dissolved. Fold into croissant mixture. Pour all into prepared casserole.
- Bake,uncovered,50 mins. or till set.. Serve warm with molasses cream.
- Molasses Cream; In a lg bowl, whisk whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Gradually,whisk in molasses or honey. Serve at once.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Sounds gorgeous!! Definately saving it to try sometime! Thanks for the post.annielikestocook in Annacotty loved it
i love this sounds good right now hahaha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
wow a great tasty post thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!