Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips and WalnutsFrom lillyann 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 9x5x2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Combine chocolate chips and walnuts in small bowl; add 1 tablespoon flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in mashed bananas, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts into the mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake bread until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Turn out onto rack and cool.