Soft Ginger CookiesFrom cherylnail 8 years ago
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp. water shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
How to make it
- heat oven to 350
- thouroughly mix together the flour, ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar together. Keep stirring and mixing until mixture has a light fluffy feel.
- Add the egg and beat it in. Then mix in the water and molasses.
- Gradually add the dry mixture. Take your time and make sure that the mixture is evenly mixed. Chill dough for about 15 min to 1/2 hr,.
- Place a few tablespoons of sugar in a plate or shallow bowl.
- Shape the dought into 1" balls and roll in sugar to coat
- Place cookies 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 min. until surface cracks slightly.
- Allow cookies to cook for 5 min on cookie sheet before moving to wire rack to continue cooling.
- Store in airtight container.