Nassau Pork GritsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 12 ounce package bacon cut into 1” pieces shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage shopping list
- 1 medium white onion diced shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper diced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove minced shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1 cup regular grits shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon and sausage in Dutch oven over medium heat 15 minutes.
- Stir until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink and bacon is crisp.
- Drain sausage and bacon reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic in hot drippings over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in water and next 5 ingredients then bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in grits then cover and reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally 17 minutes.
- Stir in sausage and bacon then serve immediately.