Duck Breasts with Radicchio and WatercressFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 small radicchio heads shopping list
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup watercress shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 whole boneless duck breast shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and pepper.
- While whisking slowly drizzle in the olive oil to make a thick vinaigrette.
- Using a sharp knife cut away the hard white core from the base of the radicchio.
- Cut the head lengthwise into slices 1/4 inch thick then separate the layers and remove core.
- Put the radicchio in the bowl with the vinaigrette.
- Add the arugula watercress and parsley and gently mix then set aside.
- Pat the duck breast dry.
- In a fry pan over high heat warm the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- When it is hot add the duck breast skin side down.
- Reduce heat to medium high and cook 7 minutes.
- Turn the duck breast over and cook the other side 4 minutes.
- Cover the pan and cook 4 minutes more.
- Drain briefly on paper towels.
- Transfer duck breast to a cutting board and use a knife to separate the breast halves.
- Cut each breast half crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick.
- Heap the radicchio mixture in a bowl or on a platter fluffing up the middle and arrange the duck slices on top giving them a final sprinkling of pepper.
- Serve while the duck is still warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!