Chicken PaprikashFrom merlin 5 years ago
- chicken paprikaSH shopping list
- This is the Real Deal from Hungary. shopping list
- 1 Kosher chicken, cut up, rinsed and patted dry shopping list
- 1 onion chopped shopping list
- ½ lb white mushrooms shopping list
- ½ stick sweet butter shopping list
- 1 ½ t kosher salt shopping list
- 1 t. black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 T. sweet Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 1 ½ c. water shopping list
- 1 c. sour cream shopping list
- egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- 1) In a heavy Dutch oven or electric skillet, sauté 1 chopped onion and ½ lb sliced white mushrooms in butter until soft.
- 2) Add 1 ½ t salt, 1 t black pepper, and 1 ½ T Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 3) Add a rinsed cut up chicken and brown lightly in sauce.
- 4) Add 1 ½ cup water
- 5) Simmer covered 1 hour
- 6) Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. (If using an electric skillet, just uncover and continue to cook.
- 7) Add 1 cup sour cream in the and warm through on low heat.
- Serves 4