Renees Potato Dill PancakesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 3 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and halved shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- canola oil, for frying shopping list
- applesauce and sour cream, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Set a large strainer over a bowl.
- In a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, shred the potatoes and onion in batches.
- Add each batch to the strainer and let stand for 5 minutes, then squeeze dry.
- Pour off all of the liquid in the bowl and add the shredded potatoes.
- Stir in the flour, eggs, dill, salt and baking powder.
- Scrape the mixture back into the strainer and set it over a bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a very large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of canola oil until shimmering.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture into the canola oil for each latke, pressing slightly to flatten.
- Fry over moderate heat, turning once, until the latkes are golden and crisp on both sides, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the latkes on a paper towel–lined baking sheet.
- Serve the latkes hot with Pink Applesauce and sour cream.
- Yield depends on the size of pancakes you fry
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Comfort Foods770 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Winter Dishes56 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
Pass The Potatoes103 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Anything Fried68 members