Ruths Chris Sweet Potato CasseroleFrom lillyann 6 years ago
- CRUST shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred) shopping list
- 1/3 stick butter -- melted (Do not omit or reduce this amount) shopping list
- SWEET POTATO MIXTURE shopping list
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (Garnets looks best and I bake mine first) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs -- well beaten shopping list
- 1 stick butter -- ( 1/2 cup) melted (You can leave it out or reduce it, if you wish) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6 Hint: Double the recipe. People will love the leftovers, which also freeze beautifully.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating6 people
This is my grandson's favorite sweet potatoes, and people who say they do not like sweet potatoes can not turn this dish done. Always a 5. Donnakytigger in Louisville loved it
Made this yesterday for my inlaws and they LOVED it! Now that's really saying something because they are PICKY!!!!! Soooo delicious....thank you for the recipe.Lacesmom in loved it
this was just like the restaurant. i steamed 4 sweet potatoes to get the 3cups and the only change i made was reducing the sugar to 1/2 cup. i used an 8x8 baking dish and it was perfect. the whole family loved it.baschildt in loved it