Roasted Oatmeal With Walnuts And ApricotsFrom lillyann 7 years ago
- 1 ounce walnut halves, (1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup steel cut oatmeal shopping list
- 5 cups cups water shopping list
- 5 ounces dried apricots, chopped (1 cup) shopping list
- a good pinch of cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- honey, to drizzle on top of the oatmeal shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread walnuts and oatmeal on two separate baking sheets, and bake until both are brown and toasted--about 10 minutes for the walnuts and 12 minutes for the oats.
- Bring water to a boil and add the oatmeal, apricots, cinnamon, and salt. Return to a boil, then turn it down, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until oats are tender and thick, about 20 minutes. Chop the walnuts.
- Serve the oatmeal in 4 bowls, sprinkle each serving with the walnuts and drizzle some honey on top.
- Note: I found that the leftover oatmeal re-heats fine the next day. It may need a little water added.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating2 people
This sounds like an altimate comfort breakfast!juels in Clayton loved it