Lamb Spinach and Feta MeatloafFrom danerin2 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup bread cubes, white or wheat shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (I used Penzey's Bavarian seasoning and it was great) shopping list
- 8-10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- 6 ounces crumbled feta shopping list
- 1 cup marinara sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Mix bread and milk in bowl and let sit until softened.
- Combine lamb, onions, egg, spices, and bread-milk mixture in bowl.
- You can cook a little piece to check for seasoning if desired.
- If mixture is too loose, you can add a couple tablespoons of dried bread crumbs to bind it a bit.
- Put a piece of waxed paper, parchment or foil on a baking sheet.
- Spread meat mixture on paper in a rectangle.
- Spread spinach on top, and feta on top of spinach.
- Using paper to help, roll it up like a jelly roll and place in baking pan.
- Pour marinara sauce on top and around the roll.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 1/2 hour.
- Turn oven down to 350 and bake for another 20 minutes or until done.