Snowman Chocolate Mint CupcakesFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 12 mini cupcake liners shopping list
- 12 standard cupcake liners shopping list
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce box) chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions shopping list
- 24 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand mint with dark chocolate Minis shopping list
- 1 (2 ounce) block dark chocolate colored fondant (ready to use rolled fondant, available in craft stores) shopping list
- 2 orange STARBURST® fruit Chews shopping list
- 12 blue STARBURST® fruit Chews shopping list
- 12 thin chocolate wafer cookies shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) container white whipped frosting shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white edible glitter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 12 mini and 12 standard muffin tin cups with cupcake liners.
- Fill each mini cup 2/3 full with cupcake batter. Fill each standard cup 1/3 full; top each with one 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand Mint with Dark Chocolate Minis. Continue filling cup with batter to 2/3 full.
- Bake mini cupcakes for 16 - 18 minutes and standard cupcakes for 24 - 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, roll out dark chocolate colored fondant lengthwise to 1/8-inch thick. Cut 8-inch x 3-inch rectangle; combine scraps and roll for second 8-inch x 3-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle evenly into 6 strips and fringe ends of each, making 12 scarves. Roll remaining fondant into small balls for eyes and tiny balls for mouths. (Keep covered with plastic wrap to avoid drying and cracking.)
- Cut and mold orange STARBURST® Fruit Chews into carrot shaped noses. Heat blue STARBURST® Fruit Chews in microwave for 3 to 5 seconds and roll out to 1/8-inch thick; cut into thin strips and create woven plaid pattern on each scarf.
- Microwave wafer cookies 5 seconds and cut rounds using 1-inch biscuit cutter. Secure one 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand Mint with Dark Chocolate Minis to center of each round with frosting.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle evenly with edible glitter.
- To assemble each snowman, crisscross scarf and place loop over center of standard cupcake; top with mini cupcake, placed on side with iced top facing scarf. Make face by inserting eyes, nose, and mouth into frosted mini cupcake; top with hat.
- COOKS NOTES: Substitute whipped topping for half the frosting in this recipe; simply blend the two together for a light and airy frosting with less sugar and calories.
- Consider the use of cholesterol-free egg product instead of whole eggs when preparing cake batter to reduce both fat and calories in this recipe.