Christmas Bon BonsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium bowl stir together shortening and cream cheese until well blended.
- Stir in flour using hands to help form a dough.
- If mixture seems too dry add a couple teaspoons of water.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 then lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Before rolling out the dough dust rolling surface heavily with confectioners' sugar.
- Roll dough out to 1/8” thickness then cut into strips.
- Place a cherry on the end of each strip then roll up each strip starting with the cherry.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets and dust with a little of the confectioners' sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cookies should brown slightly then dust again with confectioners' sugar.
- Allow cookies to cool before serving as the cherries will be very hot.