Green Beans With Tomatoes and HerbsFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound green beans shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse green beans under cold water then snap off and discard stem ends as well as tail ends.
- Small green beans can be cooked whole and large ones can be cut into halves or small pieces.
- Shell lima beans by cutting off the end of the pod and opening to remove the beans.
- Rinse beans after shelling.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over moderate heat.
- Add garlic and onion then cook stirring for 5 minutes until softened and golden.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil and pepper then cook stirring frequently 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the green beans so that they are all coated with the tomato mixture.
- Cover the skillet and cook 6 minutes until beans are crisp tender.