Old Black Joe Date and Raisin LoafFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F. (160 C).
- Line an 8" cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine chopped dates, raisins and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Pour in the boiling water, stir.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Fold in the sifted flour and baking powder until just combined.
- Don't overmix at this point or the loaf will be tough.
- Place dough into a loaf pan (no instruction on original recipe from Lizzie!).
- Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours OR until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Leave in tin to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto cooling rack.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
I love the best and basics!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Very interesting recipe! Love dates, this looks wonderful!juels in Clayton loved it
wow awsome recipe depreesion cake no doubt but delicous thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it