Old Black Joe Date and Raisin LoafFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F. (160 C).
- Line an 8" cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine chopped dates, raisins and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Pour in the boiling water, stir.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Fold in the sifted flour and baking powder until just combined.
- Don't overmix at this point or the loaf will be tough.
- Place dough into a loaf pan (no instruction on original recipe from Lizzie!).
- Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours OR until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Leave in tin to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto cooling rack.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
Mmmmmmmmmmmm i really like this one yummy .........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
wow awsome recipe depreesion cake no doubt but delicous thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Very interesting recipe! Love dates, this looks wonderful!juels in Clayton loved it