Red River Date MuffinsFrom eirika 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats or quick oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup red river cereal, uncooked shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1T lemon juice, fill cup with milk) shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dates shopping list
How to make it
- Combine oats, Red River and milk in large bowl, let stand 40 minutes.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients.
- Add butter and egg to cereal mixture.
- Add dry ingredients& mix well.
- Stir in dates.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Turn out to cool and store in airtight container, if there are any to store.
- Prep time includes letting cereal soak for 40 minutes.
- Recipe developed by Barb Conley
The Cookeirika Winnipeg, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!