Home Made Egg NoodlesFrom paulasue1 4 years ago
How to make it
- Make a well in center of flour. Add egg yolks, egg and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix in water 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is stiff, but easy to roll.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll dough, one part at a time, into paper- thin rectangle on a well- floured cloth -covered board. (Keep remaining dough covered).
- Loosely fold rectangle lengthwise into thirds; cut crosswise into 1/8-inch strips for narrow noodles, ¼-inch strips for wide noodles. Shake out strips and place on a towel until stiff and dry, about 2 hours.
- Repeat with rest of dough.
- Break dry strips into smaller pieces as desired. Cook in 3 quarts boiling-salted water (1 TBS. salt) until tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain.
- To cook half the noodles, use 2 quarts of water and 2 tsp. salt.
- You can serve warm noodles with butter and dried parsley flakes or your favorite sauce or gravy.
- DO AHEAD TIP: After drying, noodles can be covered and stored no longer than 1 month.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookpaulasue1 Litchfield Park, AZ
The Rating7 people
Ghreat post, Paula! Very nice pictures, too! Home-made noodles are so delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
Ho ho ho to my sweet friend i hope santa is very good to you this year if not let me have a talk with him in private hahahaha..........show him this comment lol lol............
thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my recipes i always...moreminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Noodles are the top major food group in my house! I'm sure we'll LOVE these! High 5's, and thanks for sharing!broadzilla in Saxonburg loved it