Mochiko ChickenFrom nadira 5 years ago
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, or breasts if you prefer. shopping list
- 1/2 c. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 c. mochiko rice flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 3/4 c. soy sauce ( Aloha brand or Yamasa) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 1 inch piece ginger grated or 1 tbs ginger powder shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions shopping list
- sesame seeds optional shopping list
- Vegitable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and cut chicken into squares.
- Chop green onion into thin rings.
- Mix all ingredient EXCEPT oil into a large mixing bowl. Should resemble a pancake batter.
- Add chopped chicken to this batter and marinate for 4 hrs or best if over night.
- In large frying pan add about and inch or so of veggie oil .
- When oil is hot, drop the battered chicken pieces in and fry till golden and cooked.
- Sprinkle with Sesame seeds if desired.
- Usually served over white rice, over a bed of chopped cabbage.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- lichief Nowhere, Us
- LizMarrufo1 Arizona City, AZ
- RavenWhite Bowling Green, Kentucky
- apple_28 Vaughan, CA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- jkf238 Conway
- siham27 Cairo, EG
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- nuitblanche Syracuse, NY
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooknadira Kapolei, HI
The Rating4 people
great tasty recipe thanks bunches love it.high 5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds terrific and I love the ginger.
I am printing this one out to try this week.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
Great recipe, it took us years to find a market that sells Aloha Shoyu anywhere close. 60 miles is close, right? Thank you for posting this, we will give it a try.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!