Bolognese Stuffed PeppersFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 1/2c uncooked rice shopping list
- 2Tbs. olive oil,divided shopping list
- 1/8c minced carrots shopping list
- 1/8c celery shopping list
- 6 bell peppers(any color) stems and seeds removed,cut in half lengthwise shopping list
- 1/2lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1/4c pancetta or lightly smoked bacon,diced shopping list
- 11/2c prepared marinara sauce shopping list
- 1/4c red wine shopping list
- 1/2tsp red pepper flakes 1/3c heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2c grated parmesan cheese,divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In saucepan,bring water to a boil. Addd rice and stir. Reduce heat,cover and simmer 20 mins. or till tender and fluffy;set aside.
- Heat 1Tbs. of oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Cook and stir carrots and celery till tender. Add ground beef and pancetta,cook till brown and crumbled;drain off ant excess liquid,and return to heat.
- Add marinara sauce,wine ,red pepper flakes and simmer 10 mins. Stir in cream,half the parmesan cheese and rice. Simmer 5 mins more or till most liquid has been absorbed.
- Place peppers in shallow baking dish,and fill with beef mixture. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake,uncovered,for 30 mins in preheated oven. Serve hot!