Mint JulepsFrom chaela 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine water, sugar and chopped mint leaves in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow syrup to cool, approximately 1 hour.
- Pour syrup through a strainer to remove mint leaves
- Fill eight cups or frozen goblets with crushed ice and pour 4 ounces of bourbon and 1/4 cup mint syrup in each.
- (Proportions can be adjusted depending on each person's sweet tooth).
- Top each cup with a mint sprig and a straw.
- Trim straws to just barely protrude from the top of the cups.
- Serve juleps on a silver platter.
The Cookchaela Sioux City, IA
- Not added to any groups yet!