Make Your Own Chocolate KissFrom annieamie 6 years ago
- Hershey Bars without nuts. The amount depends on how bif of a kiss you want to make. shopping list
- Chopped nuts of your choice, chopped candies of your choice, caramel, toffee bits, rice crispy cereal, chopped Oreos, dried fruits, sunflower seeds, colored sugar, coconut, chocolate mints, marshmallows, fudge bits, peppermints, etc.. shopping list
- I'd like to add that some great foil to wrap your candy in can be found at Beauty Supply stores or at a hair salon. The foils used to highlight hair are ultra thin and come in various colors. They cover the chocolate very well and are great to use for other chocolate recipes such as truffles or molded chocolates. They're not expensive and come in large squares which means less foil cutting for you! Ho! Ho! Ho! shopping list
How to make it
- Make A Homemade Giant Hershey Kiss:
- 1. Select a plastic funnel the size of the kiss you wish to make.
- 2. Decide if you want it plain or with nuts, peanut butter,
- caramel, white chocolate, Rice Krispies, etc.
- 3. Melt enough Hershey's chocolate bars to make your kiss in a
- double boiler being careful not to scorch it.
- 4. Plug end of funnel with a mini marshmallow and rest it in a
- sturdy cup (coffee cup is great).
- 5. Add fillers, if desired, to melted chocolate and pour into
- funnel. Tap the funnel gently to make sure no air is trapped.
- 6. Cool at room temperature for several hours. Tap funnel and the
- kiss will slide out. Wrap in aluminum foil and tie with ribbon.
- MY FAVORITE WAY TO MAKE A KISS!
- Melt one cup of semi-sweet chocolate in 1/2 cup of heavy cream in a microwave for 2 minutes. This is a ganache. Let this cool until it is firm which takes about 2 hours.
- When you're pouring your "hershey" chocolate into your funnel, stop before you have 1/3 of your whole amount of chocolate into the funnel. Add a layer of your ganache filling to fill another 1/3 and then finish filling the funnel with the "hershey" chocolate. This gives you a truffle filling and a very unique Kiss. You can also pour in enough of the "hershey" chocolate and swirl that chocolate around the sides of the funnel and fill with the ganache filling then fill the rest to the top of your funnel with the "hershey chocolate, giving you a truffle filling. I would definitely refrigerate the chocolate filled funnel to allow the softer center harden before wrapping.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- Bitsigirl Nowhere, Us
- sunflower48386 White Lake, MI
- juels Clayton, NC
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- krystynainsydney Bondi Junction, AU
- m2googee Tomball, TX
- manskap Parys, ZA
- cristinemarie Caloocan City, PH
- dridaff Fredericton, CA
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating7 people
wow nothing like a magic Kiss LOL. thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wow !!!fantastic Annie i just love this thank you so very much this is awesome my friend .........
hugs TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is so cool! I love your ganache version!juels in Clayton loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Quick N Easy121 members
Kid Friendly Recipes207 members
Cooking With Kids276 members
Choco Lovers138 members
Gifts And Mixes228 members
All Holidays135 members
Bake Sale126 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Chocoholics Anonymous154 members