Shrimp and Mushroom Linguini with Creamy Cheese Herb SauceFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1-1/2 (8 ounce) packages linguini pasta shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 3/4 pound cooked shrimp shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt 1/2 cup butter with the minced garlic. Stir in the cream cheese, breaking it up with a spoon as it melts. Stir in the parsley and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in boiling water until sauce is smooth. Stir in cooked shrimp and mushrooms, and heat through.
- Toss linguini with shrimp sauce, and serve
- Variation: I added scallops and chicken and used 1 pound of shrimp to this recipe. Seasoned and cooked all meat and seafood separately--added to sauce when time to serve. Used 8 oz of cream cheese. Sauteed fresh basil, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic, before adding to sauce. I added vegetable broth and white wine to liquid make the sauce creamy. Definitely use a whisk to help break up the clumps. This one is a keeper.