Pumpkin Whoopie PiesFrom momofsixil 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, 1 stick melted, 1/2 stick softened shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 2 pinches salt shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups flour shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, chilled shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- FOR CAKES:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Whisk in the eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the baking powder, the baking soda and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour.
- Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop 12 generous mounds of batter, spaced evenly, onto each baking sheet.
- Bake until springy to the touch, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter with the cream cheese.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and the remaining 2 pinches salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Mix on low speed until blended, then beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the flat side of 12 cakes with the cream cheese frosting.
- Top each with another cake.
- Makes 12 complete whoopie pies.
- (I double this recipe, usually, because 12 is never enough for my family!)
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating2 people
Sweet Tooth448 members
Christmas All Year183 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Family Favorites141 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members
Its Party Time97 members