ALMOND POPPY SEED CAKEFrom bestcooker 8 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoons almond extract shopping list
- . shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- ABOUT 2 Tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour four 7X3 loaf pans. Line bottoms with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt; stir together well. Add eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, and almond, beating well. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes 10 minutes in pans on wire rack. Remove from pans and carefully remove parchment paper from bottoms. Place the cakes on a wire rack. In a small bowl, whisk together topping ingredients until smooth. Using a pastry brush, brush topping over tops of still hot loaves, allowing some to dribble over the edges.
- Note: Cakes freeze well. Can also be made in a 12 C. (10-inch) Bundt pan. Just be sure to grease and flour it well.