Baked Brown TroutFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
How to make it
- Clean the trout if required, remove the scales and fins and wipe with kitchen paper. Season the inside of the trout with salt and pepper and insert the herbs.
- Cut four pieces of of kitchen foil into oval shapes which are long enough to take the fish plus an extra 3" (7cm) foil.
- Brush the foil with olive oil and place each trout in the centre. Brush the outside of the fish with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and pour a tablespoon of vermouth over each fish. Pull the foil up to make a boat shape for the fish and pleat over the top to totally enclose the fish, making sure it is pinched together.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 450F (230C or Gas Mark 8) for 8 to 10 minutes. The time will vary, depending on how plump the fish are. Check by opening up foil and examining the flesh at the thickest part. There should be no opaqueness or pinkness.
- The fish can be served in the foil with fresh steamed vegetables