Spinach Artichoke and Shrimp DipFrom vfl0729 4 years ago
- 3 1/2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts shopping list
- 6 jalapeno slices, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jalapeno juice shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- 2 1/4 tablespoons light roux or self rising flour shopping list
- 1/4 pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 pound boiled, peeled 90- to 110 count shrimp, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Saute' garlic in oil until golden brown
- Add onions, Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes over low heat
- Add Artichoke hearts, jalapenos, jalapeno juice and black pepper
- After the artichoke hearts start to break apart, add light roux and stir well
- Add Spinach and gradually stir in half-and-half. Slowly heat.
- Add Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- Add chopped shrimp and stir.
- Serve with chips or melba toast.