Bran-Up Cinnamon RollsFrom jgnat 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup 1% milk shopping list
- 1 omega 3 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flax oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oat bran shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast for bread maker shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup splenda half brown sugar plus 1/3 cup for later shopping list
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon plus sprinkles for later shopping list
- silicon muffin tins shopping list
How to make it
- Measure milk, egg, oils, sugar, salt, flour oat bran and yeast in to bread maker in order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Set the breadmaker to dough.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and stir in first part of brown sugar and two tablespoons cinnamon.
- Once the dough is made, roll it out on a clean surface. The dough should be about eighteen inches wide and eight inches tall.
- Pre-heat the oven at it's lowest setting (mine is 170 degrees farenheit).
- Sprinkle the dough with the second 1/3 cup brown sugar. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Roll the dough in to a spiral and pinch the long end shut.
- Cut the dough in to one inch slices, eighteen pieces in all.
- Spoon the sugar and butter mixture as well as the walnuts in to the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Lay each spiral in to the sugar mixture.
- Turn off the oven.
- Put a baking tin on the lower rack of your oven, and fill it with boiling water.
- Put the silicon baking tins (supported by a cookie tray) on to the upper rack. The combined heat of the oven and the warm steam will coax the dough to grow and rise.
- Leave the dough to rise for an hour, then bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. I programmed my oven to turn itself on and had a soak in the tub with a good book. I came out to the smell of warm, yeasty cinnamon rolls pulled fresh from the oven.
The Cookjgnat Grande Cache, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!