Sweet Potato TimbaleFrom littlesponger 6 years ago
- 4-5 potatoes, half of Yukon Gold, half of sweet potatoes or yams shopping list
- 1 large fennel (use top white potion only) shopping list
- 1 pear or fuji apple, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly shopping list
- 3.5 oz goat cheese and old cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole milk or (1/3 cup 1%low milk & 1/3 cup half & half) shopping list
- chives, chopped shopping list
- A dash of nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Butter your ramekins and line them with sheets of parchment paper. Preheat your oven at 350 F.
- Peel the potatoes and cook them for 12 to 15 mns in salted boiling water. Let them cool a little before slicing them thinly. Or thinly slice the potatoes using mandoline slicer, then cook them for 5 mns in salted boiling water.
- Cook the fennel for 15 mns in salted boiling water. Slice it thinly.
- Peel and core the pear or apple. Slice it thinly (add a few drops of lemon to prevent oxydation).
- Slice the onion and cook with garlic for 10 mns in olive oil, on low heat.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, chives and season with salt and pepper. Add the nutmeg.
- Line slices of potatoes around the edge of the ramekin and place a few at the bottom. Keep them tight.
- Continue with a layer of onions and a layer of fennel and pear or apple slices.
- Continue with a layer of potatoes, thin slices of cheese, slices of pears or apple and fennel.
- Finish with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour the egg batter, making sure that it goes down all the way to the bottom.
- Cook in the oven for 45 to 50 mns. Check whether the top potatoes are cooked and wait a few mns when taking out before unmolding on a plate.
- Decorate with chives or asparagus tps and serve with a meat of your choice and a green salad.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating2 people
Fancy, delicious with amazing pics. Thanks!leonora5 in Kleinemonde loved it