Scallion Cherry Tomato and Chili Pepper Pasta SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 12 cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 24 scallions shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and sliced very thin shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeno chili pepper or more to taste cut into thin rounds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound spaghetti shopping list
How to make it
- Wash tomatoes and cut them in half then set aside.
- Trim away any roots from scallion bulbs and any wilted or bruised ends from green tops.
- Cut scallions into 2” lengths dividing white part in half lengthwise.
- Soak pieces in cold water then rinse.
- Put scallions, olive oil, sliced garlic, chili pepper and salt in a medium skillet.
- Turn heat to medium then cook 15 minutes stirring from time to time until scallions are very soft.
- Add cut up tomatoes then turn over all ingredients using a wooden spoon and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Cook and drain pasta then toss immediately and thoroughly with entire contents of pan.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!