White Beans and Cherry Tomato SaladFrom chef_irish 5 years ago
- 1 15-ounce cans of white beans (canelli beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped parsley shopping list
- Dressing ingredients: shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed shopping list
- 1 3-inch sprig of fresh rosemary shopping list
- 3 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped (omit for vegetarian option) shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Start by making the dressing. Put the garlic and rosemary in olive oil in a small saucepan. Heat on medium until the rosemary begins to sizzle. Remove the pan from the heat and let sit for 20 minutes, allowing the rosemary and garlic to infuse in the oil.
- Remove rosemary sprig from the oil, discard. Remove the garlic from the oil, reserving the oil. Add the garlic, anchovies (omit for vegetarian option), Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice to a food processor. Pulse until smoth.
- In a medium bowl, gently fold the garlic mixture in with the beans until they are well coated. Let sit for a few minutes for the beans to absorb. Gently mix in the reserved olive oil, tomatoes, and parsley.