Macaroon Baked ApplesFrom pieplate 5 years ago
- 6 baking apples, preferably Pippin or other flavorful variety shopping list
- 4 oz cream cheese (Neufchatel--the light one--is fine) shopping list
- 4 oz almond paste (not marzipan) I use Odensee shopping list
- 1/4 t almond extract shopping list
- 3 T light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c toasted almond chunks or slivers (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Core the apples.
- With your dainty hands, mix the other ingredients, first the almond paste with the cream cheese, then the others. Try to get rid of all the lumps, but it's not a problem if you miss some.
- Stuff the apples with the almond filling.
- Set the apples in a baking dish/baking dishes so that no apple is completely surrounded by other apples.
- Pour in 3/4" of water (doesn't have to be precise).
- Bake until the apples are very soft, just about to fall apart.
- Serve as is, or with vanilla ice cream or Baskin Robbins sugar-free Butter-Almond Crunch, or a spoonful of sour cream, or whatever appeals to you.
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating3 people
A lovely take on the traditional baked apple! I like your style, pie. Five to you, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it