Simple Beef CurryFrom mbelisle 8 years ago
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp cumin (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 tbsp coriander (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 tbsp garam masala (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 1/2 lbs stew beef, cubed shopping list
- 3 large red bell peppers, seeded and diced shopping list
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 3 cups uncooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare rice according to package directions (usually takes about 50 minutes, so can cook while the rest is being made).
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add spices and garlic to oil and stir until spices release fragrance but do not burn, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add beef cubes and stir to coat completely. Cook stirring constantly until beef is browned.
- Add bell pebber and vinegar and cook until peppers are limp, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and stir.
- Add water and simmer over low heat, stirring frequently until liquid is reduced and meat is tender, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve over rice.