Southern Fried CatfishFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 6-8 - catfish fillets shopping list
- 1 - teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 – teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 – teaspoons seasoned salt shopping list
- 3/4 – teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 - teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2 - cups cracker meal or crushed saltine crackers shopping list
- 1 - cup vegetable oil shopping list
- Cookware and Utensils: shopping list
- 1 – cast iron skillet or large heavy skillet shopping list
- 1 – Cutting Board shopping list
- 1 – rolling pin shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse fillets under running cold and then thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Make your seasoning mixture by combining garlic powder, black pepper, seasoned salt, onion powder and paprika in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over both sides of the fillets.
- Next apply cracker meal by gently pressing the meal on both sides of your fillets.
- Place fillets on a plate and refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow meal to coat properly.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet or large heavy skillet.
- Fry the fillets on both sides until they are golden brown, turning only once.
- Allow fillets to drain on paper towels and serve immediately.