Habichuelas Con DulceFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans/habichuelas rojas shopping list
- 2 cups water reserved from the beans shopping list
- 1/4 cup of raisins/ciruelas pasas shopping list
- 3 cups of evaporated milk/leche evaporada shopping list
- 1 cup of coconut milk/leche de coco shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk/Leche Condensada shopping list
- 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes/batatas cooked and mashed shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sugar/azucar shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks/palitos de canela shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter/mantequilla shopping list
- 8 to 10 cloves/Clavos dulces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt/sal shopping list
- optional shopping list
- Cassava bread toasted or milk cookies shopping list
- This is a treat one will not soon forget. Que Sabroso shopping list
How to make it
- Puree the beans with a little cooking liquid and then strain.
- Add beans, coconut milk, evaporated milk and bring to a boil
- Lower heat to medium add the Condensed milk, sugar, cinnamon stick, raisins and sweet potatoes
- Keep stirring so it does not stick.
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Stir until the desired consistency has been reached.
- Serve warm or cold with the cassava bread or float the cookies on top.