Pan-Fried Fresh Salmon CakesFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 pound salmon fillets, skinned, any bones removed shopping list
- 1 slice high-quality white sandwich bread, such as Pepperidge shopping list
- Farm, crusts removed & finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c grated onion shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 c panko, or plain dry bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Chop salmon into 1/2-inch pieces and mix with chopped bread, onion, parsley, mayonnaise, salt & lemon juice in medium bowl. Scoop a generous 1/4 cup portion and use your hands to form into a patty measuring roughly 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining mixture, making 6-8 patties. Freeze the patties until the surface moisture has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the flour in a shallow dish. Beat the eggs in a second shallow dish. Spread the bread crumbs in a third. Dip the chilled salmon patties in the flour to cover and shake off the excess. Transfer to the beaten egg and with a slotted spatula, turn to coat; let the excess drip off. Transfer to the panko, shaking the dish to coat the patties completely. Return breaded patties to baking sheet.
- Heat olive oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until simmering, about 3 minutes. Add salmon patties and cook until medium golden brown on the bottoms. Flip cakes and cook until medium golden brown on the other side.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and allow to drain for a minute. Serve hot.