Fettuccine Alfredo by Rachel RayFrom poohbearlovesheavymetal 6 years ago
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles shopping list
- 2 tbs. butter shopping list
- 2 tbs. flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & crushed shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- ½ tsp. pepper shopping list
- Pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan, grated shopping list
- Diced chicken or crab Meat (Optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil fettuccine. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Melt butter in large sauce pan. Mix in flour. Cook until smooth and golden. Mix in milk, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir while cooking until thickened. Remove sauce from heat. Remove garlic. Mix in parmesan and reserved cup of hot pasta water. Stir until smooth. Add sauce to drained pasta and serve. This is also good with added crab meat or grilled chicken.
The Cookpoohbearlovesheavymetal Millville, CA
The Rating3 people
I love this! It fabulous,even if you forget the cheese! :) Gitapulse,I don't use measureing cups or spoons but reading this recipe it does say teaspoon and not tablespoon. Maybe they changed since then.Bette1 in loved it
WATCH OUT for the salt! The recipe as written calls for 1 TABLESPOON. Talk about inedible. I had to add another double batch recipe with no salt to bring it a palatable state. Should be 1 TEASPOON at most, and that's even a bit salty.
With...moregotapulse in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!