Big Soft Ginger CookiesFrom kathygee 6 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- n a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet or on parchment paper on sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container. Keep a slice of bread (white is fine) in the container to help keep cookies soft. Replace when slice is hard.
The Cookkathygee Brookline, MA
The Rating4 people
These sound really yummy I like the addition of orange juice.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
OMG I WAS JUST TELLING SOMEONE ABOUT THIS RECIPE I USE TO MAKE THESE ALOT FROM THE AMISH THESE ARE AWESOME AND NOW IM LOOKING THRU THE RECIPES AND FOUND YOURS HAHAHA WHAT LUCK ILL TELL HER I WAS GOING TO SEND IT TO HER AND NOW I DONT HAVE TOO ITS HER...moreminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it