South Meets the Orient a great New Years SaladFrom dmajor 6 years ago
- 4 pieces of fried chicken(I use 2 breast, 2 legs or thighs) shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1bag coleslaw mixture(carrots and cabbage mix) shopping list
- 1/3 cup celery, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 stick butter, melted shopping list
- 2 pkg. ramen noodles(any flavor) break into small pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- 1 c. oil shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. vinegar (white or apple cider) shopping list
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Remove meat and skin from chicken and chop into small bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl or a large (clean) bag, mix together the coleslaw mixture, green onions, chicken and celery.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add almonds and Ramen noodles and cook over low.medium heat until lightly brown(about 3 to 4 minutes)
- Stir into coleslaw mixture.
- Heat oil, sugar and vinegar on stove over low/med heat until sugar dissolves (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in soy sauce.
- When ready to serve, toss dressing into coleslaw or place all ingredients in large plastic bag and toss until well mixed.
- Serve immediately.
- This mixture tends to get soggy within an hour so it is important to put this together when ready to serve!