Grapefruit and Papaya Salad with citrus vinaigretteFrom dcwins 7 years ago
- 1 t orange zest shopping list
- 3/4 c frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed) shopping list
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 c water shopping list
- 1/4 t pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 t poppy seed shopping list
- 1 papaya shopping list
- 2 Ruby red grapefruit shopping list
- 1 head Belgian endive shopping list
- romaine lettuce or spinach leaves shopping list
- 1/3 - 1/2 c coarsely-chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Seed, peel, and slice papaya lengthwise. Peel, section and seed the grapefruit. Slice the Belgian endive crosswise into 8 pieces.
- Line 4 salad plates with the Romaine lettuce leaves (or spinach leaves, if preferred). Arrange the papaya slices, grapefruit sections, and sliced endive atop the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with the walnuts. Pour citrus vinaigrette dressing (see below) over each salad. Garnish with Belgian endive leaves, if desired.
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE DRESSING: In a leak-proof container, combine frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed), red wine vinegar, olive oil, water, orange zest, poppy seed and pepper. Shake well to mix. Chill fo up to one week. Before using, let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes, then shake well.
- Makes 1 1/2 c dressing.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- dcwins Clinton, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdcwins Clinton, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!