New Years Blackeye Pea SaladFrom lucy_ford 8 years ago
- 1 lb of blackeye peas (rinsed drained and soaked overnight, or quick soak method boil rapidly for two minutes and let stand for one hour) shopping list
- 1/2 lb bacon chopped and cooked until crisp shopping list
- 3 ripe tomatoes chopped shopping list
- 3 green onions chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery chopped shopping list
- 6 cups spring mix baby lettuces shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place peas in a saucepan with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 30 min.
- drain and move a bowl.
- meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. In a medium bowl, whisk mustard, garlic, vinegar, and slowly whisk in oil.
- Pour half the vinaigrette over peas.
- Add bacon, tomatoes, onion, celery, and greens and dress with remaining vinaigrette.
The Cooklucy_ford Hacienda Heights, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!