Marinated Manchego CheeseFrom alp26 7 years ago
- 5 oz Manchego goat cheese (or any other goat cheese) shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 tarragon sprigs, chopped shopping list
- 3 thime sprigs, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns shopping list
- olive oil (extra-virgin, or otherwise) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the cheese into bite sized pieces (I try to follow the 1-inch by 1-inch rule). Leave the cheese's rind on. It acts as a stabilizer for the cheese pieces (don't worry if your cheese doesn't have the rind. This recipe will still work out. It is just more helpful and fancier when the rind is left).
- Mix together the oil, peppercorns, garlic, and herbs. Pour over cheese in a small bowl. Cover and chill for up to 3 days. I take it out of the refrigerator after 1 day of chilling. SERVING SUGGESTION: Pour the marinade, cheese and all that was in the bowl into a more rustic-looking bowl. Garnish with tarragon sprigs and leaves and cranberries (fresh or otherwise. Fresh cranberries, especially when heated in a pan for a couple of minutes, then sprinkled over the cheese, looks very fancy and beautiful). Once again, bring out the vino.