Pumpkin Walnut Cookies with Caramel Cream Cheese FrostingFrom jordynsmommy 5 years ago
- pumpkin walnut cookies shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 3/4 t. freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground allspice, optional shopping list
- 2 c. chopped walnuts shopping list
- CARAMEL cream cheese frosting shopping list
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 T. milk shopping list
- 1 t. maple syrup or maple flavoring shopping list
- 1/2 t. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 - 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 - 2 T. milk shopping list
How to make it
- For cookies: In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Blend in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and allspice if using. Gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well (dough will be thick). Fold in chopped nuts. Refrigerate cookie dough for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes. (Mine came out perfectly in 12 minutes for both a gas and electric oven. These cookies don't brown much because of their color).
- Leave on pan for 1 minute. Move to wire rack to cool.
- For frosting: In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in maple syrup (or flavoring) and vanilla extract. Cool completely.
- In a mixer bowl with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir caramel until smooth, add to cream cheese, and mix until combined.
- Add and mix in powdered sugar, starting with 2 cups, until it reaches a frosting consistency. For a glaze, add milk until it reaches desired thinner consistency. Frost or glaze cookies.
- NOTE: I've glazed these when the bottom of the cookies are just a little warm and the frosting has set up beautifully. With my next batch, I didn't wait as long, and while the frosting did stay on the top, some of it did ooze down the sides like a glaze. So frost however you want it to be like!
The Cookjordynsmommy Honolulu, US
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!